Current Status: In response to the spread of the novel coronavirus and upon recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for social distancing, the University of La Verne is implementing the following precautions and support mechanisms:
- Only staff who have been designated by the university as emergency personnel will be permitted on any University of La Verne campus. All buildings will be locked, and all non-emergency employees are required to work remotely. Read more.
- We are planning to resume face-to-face instruction and residence hall operation in the fall, while taking all the necessary precautions to modify face to face instruction per social distancing guidelines and best practices. We will be prepared to deliver a hybrid or fully online education, if necessary, to protect the health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff. The La Verne Safe Return plan is available at www.al7alalsaeb.com/safereturn.
- Classes will remain online-only through the summer term, and additional scholarships will be awarded to all summer students. Students experiencing difficulty with the online learning environment should contact their department chair, dean, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The University of La Verne is awarding $2.8 million in federal CARES Act grants directly to students to help offset unexpected expenses that resulted from the pandemic. The application is now open. Visit www.al7alalsaeb.com/cares.
- The County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health revised its Safer At Home Order For Control of COVID-19 to require employees at all essential businesses to wear face coverings while performing duties that involve contact with others. The University of La Verne is complying with this order.
- All campus events through the summer term will be suspended, postponed, or moved online.
- All university-sponsored student and employee travel scheduled through the January 2021 will be canceled unless approved by senior leaders.
- Individuals with any questions about COVID-19 may call 909-448-1100.
University community members who believe they have come in contact with someone infected by the novel coronavirus or have contracted the coronavirus are asked to fill out a Novel Coronavirus Information Form.
Please see additional information on steps to take if you believe you have been infected.
The University of La Verne is closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. The virus has been designated SARS-CoV-2, while the disease it causes has been designated COVID-19.
Cases of novel coronavirus are present in the United States, including in California.
This is an evolving situation, and updates are available from LA County Public Health (LAC PH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including updated travel notices for areas with community transmission.
The university has established two committees to monitor and coordinate university actions:
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- The Academic Affairs Coronavirus Committee is overseeing online, student academic needs and records, academic policies, and student/faculty travel. The committee includes the Provost Office, Center for Teaching and Learning, LaFetra College of Education, Registrar, Grad Council, Dean of Students, Office of Information Technology, Library, Regional and Online Campuses, and academic deans.
This site is intended to provide information about coronavirus, precautions that are being taken and prevention measures you can take, as well as information on the effects of measures various governments are taking to stem the outbreak.
This site is not intended to be all-encompassing and should not be considered to be providing medical or legal advice. In all instances, you should consult with a relevant expert for guidance specific to your circumstances.